Here is the recipe, upon request, for one of my favorite treats. Each bite is around 70 kcal. The dates provide sweetness but are also rich in calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, manganese, copper and magnesium. I keep them in a container in the fridge and pop 1-3 a day.
200g dates (the fresh big ones)
1 dl rolled oats
4 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp coconut oil
1-3 tbsp espresso
1. Dice the dates and put in a blender or food processor.
2. Add oats, cocoa powder, coconut oil and espresso and mix until smooth.
3. Roll bites into balls and roll in coconut flakes.
- Pouring the espresso over the coconut oil, melting it, will give a smoother result.
- Batter will be loose if a warm. Just put it in the refrigerator to harden.
- I don’t have a food processor so I do mine with a mortar and pestle the old fashion way. Works just as well just be sure to grind the oats into a fine flour first if you like smooth date bites.